Friday, April 20, 2012

Salt & Vinegar Chips and Brussel Sprouts

After my last trip to Walmart and they had no Kettle Salt & Vinegar chips, I went to the more expensive Target. They only had one bag -- which I grabbed. But, they had some different varieties to try out.


Boulder Canyon - Malt Vinegar & Sea Salt. These weren't horrible like the other ones I tried. Just not vinegary enough. C#1 took a liking to them, so they won't be wasted.


Kettle - Krinkle Cut Sea Salt & Vinegar. These were actually good. Not great like the other Kettle regular chips, but, in a pinch they will do. Of course, these actually might be better, because I am not tempted to eat the entire bag. They are not as vinegary as the regular chips, but, definitely more vinegary than the Boulder Canyon brand.

Today when I was visiting my BFF, we tried this lovely brand of salsa.


I have bought this brand before in large can, but, that salsa was HOT! This was the first time I found medium. I thought it tasted great! And proceeded to eat too many Tostitos (and drink wayyyyyy to much coffee - per usual.)  I was impressed that all the ingredients were recognizable. Nothing funky. I will definitely be buying more of this!

And then there were brussel sprouts. In an effort to have a "different" vegetable, I roasted some sprouts. I thought they were pretty good with some hollandaise sauce. The rest of the family ---- not so much. They all revolted and refused to eat more than one bite. Soooooo, alas I asked my BFF if she liked brussel sprouts. Her response, "I like GOOD ones." I had no idea there were bad ones and good ones. I didn't realize how complicated brussel sprouts could be.

I brought them with me on my visit, to see if they were bad or good. My BFF proceeded to take a bite out of a raw one and declared they were good. Excellent news! I happily bequeathed them to her, since I knew no one at my house was going to eat them. AND I had leftovers from the previous night's fail to satisfy me. So there was no loss, since I didn't have to throw them away. 


So there you have it. My salt and vinegar chip review and my take on brussel sprouts.


Till next time.....




No comments: