Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lamb Spiedies, Pina Coladas AND I saved almost $20 at Walmart!!

I started off the day with some crazy @ss hoarder shopping. And I spent way too much time at Walmart. I had ads from 5 different area stores and I am not very organized in finding the specific items.  The most awesome savings this week was General Mills cereal. One of the ads had a very NOT specific ad for GM cereal and bars. So, I made it my mission to pick many boxes of different varieties in hopes of making C#1 and C#2 very, VERY happy.  Let me just say mission accomplished.


Oh... And Gushers. Lots and lots of Gushers.  More than is pictured here. It looks like I won't have to buy cereal for a long, longgggggggggggg time. Although, C#1 eats cereal like it's going out of style. Another great thing about cereal is that the expiration date is usually many, many moons.  And yes, I do buy my children sugar laden cereal. I gotta keep the teachers on their toes!

My other fantastic save was almost .50 on cream cheese. 2 for $3 and it's usually 1.98 for one. WHOOOHOOO!  I also saved the same amount on 4 packages of Oreo's. Gotta love that!!

I then met my BFF at the local Olive Garden. It tasted great! Here is the aftermath. 


We usually take the "before" pictures, but, everything was basically the same. We are both stuck in a rut at this joint.  Our waiter was really nice and even accepted a coupon, which made the lunch even better!!

Then I headed to Target to get some Kettle Salt and Vinegar chips. They only had one, yes ONE, bag!! UGHHHHHHH! I found another brand to "try" and will report on that at a later date. I need to stockpile those chips, the next time I see them. This is just ridiculous!!!

I wasn't too hungry for dinner, but, I already had a plan. Lamb spiedies and vegetable kabobs! I marinated the lamb in Lupo's Original Spiedie sauce for only one day and they tasted A-MAAA-ZINGGGGG!!  I bought a bag of small sweet peppers and a fresh bunch of mushrooms, which were great grilled.


And I had a fresh pineapple and a super easy recipe for super yummy pina coladas!! Party time at my house!!!!  



Not really. But, the drinks and food were fantabulous!! 

Now I need to fast for the rest of week and have salad with no dressing for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
NOT gonna happen.

Till next time....

"Like" my Facebook page if you would like to receive blog reminders.



No comments: