Tuesday, March 19, 2013

No Snow Day?! I Am So Sad For You...

Last night's weather was creating a (false) hope for a snow day today.  3 to 6 inches of snow with some ice and nastiness mixed in. But, alas, it didn't really happen -- at least not here.

I found my school closing information and lo and behold there was school and it WAS on time. No closing. No delay.

I meandered into the kitchen to start breakfast and pack lunches and C#1 showed up.  I informed him that there was school, so he needed to get ready a.s.a.p.  He responded with, "I HATE SCHOOL! I DON'T WANT TO GO!  BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH!!!!!!"  (there was some slight "yell-age" -- so the caps are for real.)  I informed his royal highness that he would be going to bed early for the rest of the week, since he apparently isn't getting enough sleep.  Like it's my fault there was school.  And after looking outside they very clearly needed to go to school. The roads/weather was just fine.  And C#1 needed today's education -- I just know it!

He stomped to his room and proceeded to get ready for the day.  Thankfully C#2 wasn't so "colorful" this morning.


I should state that I hate delays. A one hour delay is okay. But, a two hour delay. UGH! It messes up the entire day.  You might as well just forget whatever you were planning to do.  There isn't even enough time to go back to sleep.  Unless you are like C#2 and can sleep through all the clanking and banging and can actually get those two extra hours of sleep.  

That's it for today. Till next time...

No comments: