Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Coffee Cookie Crumble Ice Cream!

I actually look at the ads now and found a magnificent sale for Friendly's ice cream. 2 for $5.00!! Who doesn't like that?!?! I wasn't able to do my normal "get the sale at Walmart", since they don't carry that brand. Butttttt, I was going to meet my BFF for lunch and lo and behold that particular grocer was in the vicinity.  Well the outside case was bare, but, there was another section. This is what I bought:


Yes, I bought six. I would have bought more, but, the stupid store had a limit. Greedy B's!!!  

That evening we cracked into the Coffee Cookie Crumble. It was amazingly good. We equaled it to a jamocha shake you'd get at Arby's, but, with a touch more coffee taste. That makes it fabulous in my book!!

This week I made "Diner's Drive-ins and Dives" three cheese macaroni. This time I made sure to stay in the kitchen and pull the casserole out of the broiler within a couple minutes. I walked away the last time I attempted to make this and there were flames. BIG FLAMES!! If I wasn't worried about burning the house down or completely ruining dinner I would have taken a picture. The whole top of the casserole dish was on fire. I had to scrape the burned parts off and no one knew any different. Except C#1 who happened to witness that lovely debacle!  Anyway, enough about that... Here was the successful version:


ANDDDDDDD it tasted delicious!

Besides eating this past week there have been a LOT of band concerts. C#1 was picked for an "All County" event.  All of the groups played really great.  On a sad, side note, I was actually dreading going. Not so much C#1's part, but, the REST of it.  I know I am not the only one that goes to these events and are secretly jealous of the "awful" parents who get up and leave when their child's act is over. Thankfully, like I said, they all played really great, so I wasn't having too much of a problem (aka jealous feeling) towards the parents escaping once their children were done.  


Then yesterday was the school's spring concert. This one was short and sweet. Each band had 3 songs and they were off and on the stage lickety split. We were outta there in less than an hour. It was also C#2's band debut and she was very excited about that.  


C#2 was all about posing for the pictures and C#1 definitely was NOT! And when they were actually playing I couldn't even see C#2, but, alas C#1 was right in the front. Go figure!  I did get some pictures though. Threats are a beautiful thing.

I had a hankering for french onion soup today... I know it's supposed to be 60-70 degrees, but, I just don't care.  I have already had a bowl and am looking to have another VERY soon.


Till next time....






No comments: