Saturday, March 24, 2012

I survived!

The Mathalon. Not that I didn't think I would...

I decided to go to bed early-ish for me, Friday night. I had a slight headache and instead of taking something, I went to bed. I woke up before the alarm went off. This is a GREAT thing, since I can't get a clear radio channel, so it's fuzzy and loud  and very alarming (imagine that!) if it is required for the actual wake-up.

C#2 got up and she was fairly chipper. Although I think she woulda slept in, if given the chance.  She dressed in her required "uniform" (aka t-shirt) and was ready to compete!


She was ready to kick butt and take names! And poke your eye out with a sharpened pencil and bash you with her calculator! RRRRROOOAAARRRRR!!!

We got there super fast, since we live really close to this school. We were rewarded with front and center, awesome parking. But, we beat her entire team, so we had to chillax in the gym for a few minutes.

And I was right. The seats at this establishment looked like they might be better than your everyday wood gym benches, buttttttttt, they certainly weren't. They caused the same sore backside pain as the other seats.  I shoulda brought a chair cushion or something.


And then the quiet spectating, Mathalon commenced. Thankfully I did just start reading a good book and I did get a lot of it read. I will blog on that another day, when I'm done.

I also took the time to visit "concession" stand. They said, "Coffee for adults," and I got excited!  I brought a travel cup and it was empty. In between rounds I headed out and asked for a double order of coffee, since that was approximately the size of my cup and I didn't want a styrofoam cup.  Guess how much it cost?!!? Fifty whole cents! WhooHOOOO!! And it wasn't that bad. They had half and half and regular sugar, but, I always have a stash of fake sugar in my purse, so I was golden!   



This is what the gym looks like during the "intense" competition:



This event lasted about two hours and my dearest C#2 didn't win anything. She was very disappointed, but, I figured it was a life lesson learned. You can't/won't win everything. She was a crabby patty for about a half hour, but, then got over it.  I kept telling her she was one of six people in her grade picked for this thing. That is nothing to be upset about.

So there you have it. My early morning, sore butt adventure.

Till next time....



No comments: