Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Breakfast of Champions? I think YES!

In my previous blog I mentioned the fact that I needed to find some reason to multi-task a trip to a neighboring area. I asked C#2 if she wanted me to pick up anything. She said please get these:


S'mores Poptarts. That sounds like the perfect food to start your day!  Ummmmm.... Not really. The 16 value pack and the splashy yellow "8 vitamins and minerals" convinced me otherwise. Well, again, not really.  Lucky for C#2 AND C#1, I don't get them up early enough to argue over what to eat for breakfast.  If they want to cram some marshmallow, pseudo healthy breakfast down their throats without any argument -- then be my guest!  And yes, I have bought my children the "Lucky Charms" cereal for breakfast, too. But, in my defense, it has been at least a year.  Hopefully the "food police" don't come to my house and try to feed my kids some mooshy chicken nuggets, in place of their super healthy Poptart!!   Just sayin'...  

Speaking of mornings. THIS morning C#1 decided it would be a good idea to move v------e-----r-----y s----l----o----w----l----y.  This made way for some raised voice yelling since he didn't even have his clothes on at 6:30. Seriously?!?  I then informed him he would need to use his alarm to get up. And then he decided to pitch a fit!  He smacked the alarm clock and proceeded to screech something that no one could understand.  With that he was "awarded" the beautiful prizes of 1. To bed early and 2. No TV or video games this afternoon.  He was not too pleased and I must say, I was rather annoyed.

THEN, this afternoon he needed clarification of his morning punishment. After reciting punishments #1 and #2 he proceeded to say, "This is the WORST day EVER!"  

Mission accomplished......  I think I got my point across. He went to bed earlier than he needed to and was the perfect little child for most of the afternoon/evening.  All I can say is it was a job well done (on my part.)

Till next time.... 

No comments: