Friday, March 2, 2012

Why yes. I do like to eat.

You must all think all I do is eat, watch movies and hang out with my BFFs. I wish! But, that is what I am going to blog about, yet again. So deal!

I was watching a daytime cooking show and the chef made a meatloaf wrapped in bacon. I finally got around to doing it and this is what it looked like....


It was good, but, kind of dense, since I cooked it in a loaf pan. Next time I will use a casserole for a thinner meatloaf and maybe get more bacon taste.

And alas this was my BFFs last week and she was kind enough to drop by for one last time. I made a feta cheese quiche and it was delicious. I also made "diner" wild berry muffins.  They look weird, because I mistakenly melted the butter and when they baked it flattened them out a bit. But, they do taste amazing!!
My BFF brought a yummy strawberry muffin, Cadbury Eggs and some juice.  Everything was fantastic!


We were determined to have a "drama" free goodbye, but, we weren't completely successful.  It is so hard to say goodbye to such a great BFF.  Thankfully there is Facebook and other means of communication, so it won't feel soooooo awful. Also she didn't move to the Mars or anything, so we will obviously visit each other in the future.

And then today, I got to hang out with my other BFF and we had a tasty lunch at a local restaurant.  I ordered cream of broccoli soup which was delicious and then we split two focaccia sandwiches.  One was portabella mushroom and the other hot spinach. They were fantastic, too. I actually took a picture of those.


Then we went to my favorite store combo Sam's/Walmart and spent all sorts of money. And it was all sorts of fun. Who'd a thought shopping could be so enjoyable?!?!  But, I have said I do love Walmart (and Sam's).  I am easy to please...

I have also started to re-watch the show "The Tudors." I have no idea how truthful it is. But, if it is, King Henry VIII has a voracious sexual appetite, which would tire anyone out. AND I am so glad I am not married to a King, for fear of losing my head. I clearly would not have done well in that time period.  I am far too stubborn and opinionated for my own good. Of course, Jonathan Rhys Meyers is nice to look at at, so maybe it woulda worked. Although I don't think the real King Henry the VIII was as nice to look at, so scratch that!


So there you have it. The last couple of days in a nutshell. 

Till next time......








No comments: