Friday, September 20, 2013

Concord Grape Cobbler

The grape pie that I made a couple days ago was a definite hit.  Not that I didn't already know that since this was my second attempt at making it.

http://beckysbiscuits.blogspot.com/2013/09/grape-pie.html

I thought it might be fun (and necessary) to make another grape dessert.  But, I was feeling incredibly lazy and did not want to make a pie crust.  I know -- I'm a big baby about that...

So I decided to make a "grape cobbler."  That should work, right?!

I grabbed my "go to" cobbler cookbook.  This book did not have any grape recipes to speak of. Hmmmm...

So then I thought, I can just fake it with the pie recipe.  And I did with a couple alterations.  Does that make it my recipe?!  I don't even know.  Probably not...



The BIG alteration was there is no crust! (YAY!) And the small alteration is that for the topping I used 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar.  Soooooooooooo not really that different.  But it worked! And that is all I care about.  And it tasted fabulous...  That too.

So there you have it "Concord Grape Cobbler."  Easy peasy! Except for the deskinning/deseeding part.

Till next time!







No comments: