Monday, September 30, 2013

How to make awesome French Toast!

Everyone knows that I like to do the price-match thing at Walmart.  And very often I forget to bring a cooler with any ice packs.  So instead of worrying about things spoiling in my car as I multi-task the crap out of a shopping trip, I buy a bag of Rhodes frozen white bread loaves.


This stuff is awesome. I makes excellent pizza dough and excellent bread.  

Well I got a little crazy at my other favorite store (Sam's Club) and bought too much meat.  Now these lovely loaves take up quite a bit of space.  Needless to say I had three loaves that thawed out and I decided to do the bread thing (rather than pizza -- since we did that the day before.)  

There was no way we were going to eat three loaves in one night, so I thought why don't I try to make french toast.  Come to find out, after sitting out all night it was finally "set." Which means --> It didn't squish down flat when I cut it -- like at dinner the night before.

I mixed up the normal eggs,  milk, vanilla and cinnamon french toast mix. Sliced up the loaf of bread, dipped it in the egg mix and slapped it onto a frying pan.  And viola!


THE PERFECT FRENCH TOAST!

Everyone loved it! Andddd C#1 road tested the leftovers this morning for breakfast and they heated up in the microwave quite nice, too. This "creation" is definitely a keeper!

I am sure anyone that makes "real" homemade" bread could use this neat little trick, too.  It was a good way to use a loaf of bread.

That's it for today. Till next time!


No comments: