Thursday, March 7, 2013

Chocolate Covered Matzo

Last year C#2 was hanging out with her Jewish friend and she decided that she likes matzos. I have had a matzo or two back in the day.  One of my favorite matzo treats that my Mom made was chocolate covered matzos.  There was no special trick to it, according to her -- just melt some chocolate chips, spread, let harden and eat.

Wellllll, C#2 had Hershey kisses on the brain and thought that might work.  But, alas there were no more kisses, but, we did find a package of Hershey bars.  

She unwrapped the bar and then evenly spread them across the matzo.  We then microwaved the matzo and chocolate for 30 seconds.  The chocolate wasn't soft enough, so we plunked it into the microwave for 30 more seconds. I then took a fork and smeared the chocolate all over. We then put it in the freezer for 30 minutes.


Viola!!

C#2 removed the top part, since she has nooooooooooooooooooo patience to wait for a picture.  Let me just say it was delicious. And I definitely remember why I liked it.

This week I had a lovely encounter with one of the teachers. I am not going to get into that issue. This was the same teacher that was surprised at how smart C#1 was because he did not believe in evolution.  

I guess the "progressive" way if thinking is evolution = smart, creationism = dumb or not so smart. Last I knew, evolution was just a theory, not a definitive science.  Hmmmmm... That kinda irks me.  I should say the teacher is nice enough and I am sure she wasn't trying to be insulting. 

And this is why the daily "re-education" at my house must continue.

Till next time...




6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Good day! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be okay. I'm absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward
to new updates.

my web blog chat random

Anonymous said...

I've been surfing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

Feel free to surf to my web page ... visit