Friday, March 1, 2013

Well That's Not Fair! A Food Gripe.

So, apparently the economy is taking a dive (well it has been for a long time.) And throughout this lovely adventure, everything price wise is going up. Gas, clothes, everything...

My current gripe is the food aspect. Not only have the prices been going up, up, UP!  The sizes of some items are going down.  Don't believe me -- I have two examples with pictures. I did have a third, but, we must have eaten all of the "old" batch of that food item.


Hunt's Pasta Sauce:  See above, old packaging and new. The new is one serving less than the old. And it is the same price. I guess I should be grateful for that, right?!? (sarcasm - in case you missed it.)  It still costs .99 at Walmart or if you're a sucker on a "sale" week 10 for $10 at the other grocery stores. But there is still less in the new packaging. Sheesh!  I will still buy it, since, it's one of the cheapest and it tastes just as good as those glass containered pasta sauces that are $2.00 plus for the same size.

And onto the next one...


Maxwell House coffee:  I know these aren't the same kind, but, believe me the sizes are ALL same. Of course, I bought a few extra when the old packaging was around and have since bought some newly packaged ones.  Old packaging 2 lb 2.5 oz., new packaging 1 lb. 28 oz.  That seems like a big difference to me!


And look how they get all tricksy on the back of the container. They take a huge gaping section out of the new packaging. The old package makes up to 270 cups and the new package makes only 240 cups. What you say?!?!  Yup! You have lost 30 6 oz. cups of coffee with the new packaging. Grrrrrr! Aaaarghhhh!

I know there are other things out there that have done the same thing -- namely Rice-a-Roni.  But, I didn't want to take the time to search it out.  

So there you have my rant for the day. Till next time...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess what?!? DH and I stopped at DD en route home from NYS, and my French crueller seemed smaller. I asked him if it was my imagination, and he said that it, indeed, looked like a mini version of what we normally get.

BB said...

Now that really isn't fair! I would have demanded another!!