Friday, February 22, 2013

Maple Buttercream Frosting

I had two bananas that were black, bruised and mushy.  I found a good muffin recipe and proceeded to make them.  I thought how can I make these more interesting?!?  I found a container of imitation maple flavoring. I have nooooooooo idea why I bought it.  But, it is definitely good stuff.  I put a little bit in the muffin batter and thought perhaps I can make a frosting/filling for the muffins?!?

And viola! It worked!!!!!


I used this nifty little orange juicer thingy (which I'm not sure even works for it's designated purpose) to scoop out the center of the muffin.


It worked perfectly. I then used a frosting/spritzer cookie thing to fill up the space.

Just use your favorite banana muffin recipe and make the frosting like this:

1/2 cup softened butter
1 tsp vanilla 
1 tsp imitation maple flavoring (you might be able to use actual maple syrup)
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1-2 TB milk

Mix the butter and vanilla/maple flavoring, until soft. Gradually beat in the sugar. Use the milk to make it softer for piping.

I could have eaten the entire bowl of frosting all by itself. It was that good!!   If I could have fit my face into the frosting bowl, I would have done it.  It was downright evil good!

I will have to find someone to give the muffins to or I will  EAT-THEM-ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that would be very, verrrrrrry bad!

That's it for today. Till next time...




No comments: