Sunday, February 3, 2013

So Long My Heating Friend...

I finally decided that we should maybe, probably, most definitely retire our microwave.  It was this suspicious  black spot on the back of the microwave.


Upon better inspection, aka poking my finger back there, I discovered a hole. The microwave was still working fine. Heating like it was supposed to. Cooking like it was supposed to. Being all micro-wavey like it was supposed to.  But, I was making me nervous. I took many, mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny steps away from the micro when it was functioning.


Of course, it looked like this underneath the glass plate thing.  Not too healthy.  We've had this thing for 16+ years, so it had a long, longgggggggggg life.

So, the last time I used it I mentioned to the hubby that we should probably replace it and thennnnnnnnn I smelled something electrical burning.  I unplugged that sucker and we were on our way (the next day) to get a new one.

We went E-VER-Y-WHERE!  I wanted a big enough one and it had to be black. Just because.  We finally found this lovely gem at Lowe's.


Come to find out it was wayyyyyyyyyy bigger than our previous model and sticks out a little bit. But, it's all nice with no rust holes and no rust circles and it works and, and, andddddddddddd...  You get  my drift.

And then totally off topic, when I was done photographing my microwaves I happened upon our dumb cat sleeping on the coffee table.  And I got right in his face and took his picture. I don't think he was amused.


Till next time...




No comments: