Tuesday, January 29, 2013

More "Instant" Dessert ---> Cherry Filled Crescent Rolls

And again I get the, "Is there any dessert?"  And again, there are 500 half gallons of ice cream in the freezer. But, yet again, that isn't what they want. *sigh*

I was trying to finagle something with crescent rolls and pie filling. I didn't even bother with a cookbook. It was getting late and the natives were getting restless.

And this is what I found:

Cherry Filled Crescent Rolls
http://www.food.com/recipe/cherry-filled-crescent-rolls-70713

1 (8 count) can crescent rolls
1 1/2 cups cherry pie filling
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions:

1. Unroll crescent rolls.
2. Place 2 Tbsp cherry pie filling in center of each roll; roll up dough.
3. Bake according to directions on can.
4. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.




I finally got to use my itty bitty teeny tiny strainer thing that nicely sprinkled the confectioner sugar.  It wasn't too sweet with the combo of pie filling and crescent rolls.  I will be trying different pie filling in the future, too. This was a definite hit!

That's it for today. Till next time...

No comments: