Saturday, January 5, 2013

Cheese Ball and Pork Chops!

On New Year's Eve, S#4 and her BF came over.  Her BF brought the ingredients for a cheese ball.  




This consists of two packages of softened cream cheese and a packet of "Good Seasons Italian Dressing" mix.  Moosh it all together and viola! You have a tasty treat.

Well today there was 1/4 cup of this still left and I decided it needed to be finished off. I slopped it into a bowl and stirred in about 1/4 cup (a good chunk) of feta cheese.  I recently bought some nice thick pork chops and thought this might taste good baked inside. I cut a pocket into each piece (I cut the chops in half - so a little would go a long way -- or at least farther) and then packed in the cheese mixture. I then rolled the chops intp panko bread crumbs and baked them for about 20 minutes.  IF you have a "normal" oven, you might have to cook it for 35-40 minutes. Mine is a super psycho,hot, fast cooking oven.  

I made some wild rice pilaf and there was still salad from the other day and dinner was finished. Everyone liked it! So I will be making it again.  I might try it with chicken breasts next time.  I am absolutely sure that would work, too.

And I should state, right after I had mixed the leftover cheese ball with the feta, my darling hubby asked if there was any left (cheese ball.) Welllll... Ummmm... No. But, I can make more!  So I halved that recipe (1 8oz package of cream cheese and half a packet of Italian dressing mix.) AND Viola, again! New cheese ball!! Crisis averted.

So I can now say I do indeed now how to make a very easy/yummy cheese ball and super chops. Big win all around!

Till next time...

No comments: