Monday, March 26, 2012

The Hunger Games (My Review.)

The hubby and I had a "free" day today and went to see "The Hunger Games."  We both read the entire trilogy a few months back and were anxiously awaiting our opportunity to check it out!  We were debating on taking C#1 and C#2, then decided that they weren't acting all excited to see it and C#2 hasn't read any of them (C#1 read book one, only.)

My quick review would be that it was a very well done movie.  I am wondering if I would have enjoyed it better if I hadn't read it.  I definitely understand the time restraints of a movie, but, it did feel a little bit lacking in detail.  There was just way too many details and specifics, that obviously didn't make it to the final cut.  I thought the actors were well cast and it was very enjoyable to watch despite it's shortcomings.  

After the movie the hubby and I nitpicked it too death and came to the conclusion that there was only so much the movie could do and they did what was needed. Maybe the next two installments will clarify some of the things that were glossed over from the first book.

My thoughts on taking the children. I think C#1 would have liked it, since he read it. C#2 would have probably been bored with the beginning, since it was setting up for the entire trilogy/story.  As far as violence goes, it wasn't too gory.  It might make for an interesting family discussion.  You definitely don't like the "bad guys."  But, I don't want to give anything away.  I will pick up the DVD once it is released and let them watch it with me.  Of course, this is all MY opinion, so please make sure you check the reviews and parent information before taking your children.  

Till next time....




No comments: