Tuesday, April 24, 2012

THE ATTACK OF THE NEPHEWS!!!!!!!!!!! (And I mean that in a totally loving way.)

Two of my many nephews will be over to visit today... Oh! And their mother, my sister. What to do, what to do with 2 boys under the age of 4?!?  I am reluctant to "baby proof" my house, since 1. C#1 and C#2 are old enough and don't need to much "proofing.", 2. I don't want to have to find everything that I had to hide, put away, clean up and the biggest reason being 3. I am just plan lazy.

I am hoping that this will help keep them happy:


And then I got a message from my sis. She told the oldest that they were going to Aunt Becky's house and this was his reply,""HAHAHAH (scary/crazy excited laugh) That is so amazing, I can't wait to play this those trailer truckers!"

I might be the "old, cranky" aunt, but, I still know what will make them happy! And I am thankful that C#1 hasn't decided to get rid of his miscellaneous toys. That makes it a zillion times easier for everyone (mostly me.)

In the theme of being lazy, I decided to "reinvent" the leftovers. I made soup two nights ago and it was like a thick chowder. It has now turned into "Spanish Rice." I was going to add some chicken stock to it, but, after taste testing it, decided not to, because it tasted justttttttttttttt right.


Grab a piece of buttered bread and scoop some of this deliciousness on it and it will be a win!  Now I just have to think of a semi-healthy dessert to make. Hmmmmmm....  

And after the reappearance of winter yesterday, I am happy to say that this is about all that is left:


Of course, it's cold out and C#1 insists it's not. I was like, "It's snowing." C#1, "No it isn't!!" And back and forth. You get the gist. It was, flurrying a little at the time.  He wore a coat, but, he wasn't happy about it. Kids these days.

Well that's it for now. Till next time.....



No comments: