Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Calgon take me away!

Today was a busy, busy, busy day. When I was scheduling C#2's April orthodontist appointment, I decided an extra early time would be great.  She would only miss morning classes, etc, etc. Except that her appointment was scheduled during spring break. Smooth move, Mom!

C#2 got to spend a couple days with her grandparents, so she was okay with it. C#1 had to be bounced out of bed.  Thankfully early morning traffic wasn't too bad. We made it in record time, even with a stop.  She got right into her appointment. My thinking was that she would be in and out. NOT so.... She had to have an upper teeth expander removed, new retainers fitted, x-rays and on and on. One hour and fifteen minutes later we were outta there!

I grabbed the Pennysaver on my way out the door (at home.) I was able to go through the ads while I waited and figure out what I needed to buy at Walmart and save even MORE money.  And I brought a book. This is a very good book and there is a show based on this very good book.


Yeap... The show is on HBO, which means it is all sorts of "bad."  But, it is sooooooooooo good. AND the book is so similar, which makes it soooooooooooo good, too!!

Anyway, back to my busy day. After suffering for 1+ hours at the orthodontist, we headed to my favorite store WALMART! I was highly impressed that I saved $14.13 with my other grocery store ads. WHHOOOOHOOO!! And the hubby pointed out that paid for the required gas to get there. Double WHOOOOOOO!!!  With gas at $4+ a gallon, every little bit helps.  I was so proud of myself. My biggest savings was 10 bags of Kraft shredded cheese at $1.99 each. I think they were $2.58 full price, so I did AWWWWESOME!!

I then dragged C#1 and C#2 to Sam's, then a consignment store, since C#2 saw some "really cute stuff" the previous day with her grandma. C#1 wasn't impressed, but, he had his game system and waited in the car. 

AND another exciting save! There is a discount liquor store and I needed to buy some more Red Cat, for my new addiction. Anyway, I had three bottles of various alcoholic beverages and the cashier informed me that I was only one bottle away from MORE discount. So I grabbed another and saved a little over $6!! The Red Cat was $13.99 at the other, non-cheap liquor store and only $10.98 at this joint and I saved $6 MORE dollars.  How super cool, awesome is that?!?!?!!? Very super cool, awesome!

We then went out to lunch and then lastly to the town hall. We didn't get home until after 2:30pm. UGH! 

Sooooooooooo...... After the orthodontist - Walmart - Sam's Club - Haircut joint - Liquor Store - Consignment Shop - Restaurant - Town Hall, I was beat!  And needing a Calgon moment, well at least a hot shower and a glass of wine or two or three....



And no, this wasn't Red Cat, that needs to chill -- duhhhhhhhh. And yes, I do have almost all of Mr. Food's cookbooks. 

Well that's it for today. Till next time...






2 comments:

a bit much said...

Psssst ... you're hoarding again.

BB said...

I can't help myself!!!!!!!