Monday, April 16, 2012

Pot Luck Tuna Macaroni Salad.

This wonderful April day, it is supposed to be 80+ degrees and tonight's menu is hot dogs and tuna macaroni salad.  I still hadn't found a "good" recipe.  After fumbling through a couple of Mr. Food books
(with no luck), I discovered The Church Potluck Supper Cookbook by Elaine Robinson.


Ooooooo... Who doesn't love some potluck supper?!?  And yes, I am being slightly sarcastic. Back in the day when I frequented many a pot luck meal, my friends and I always had a solution to the questionable array of food.  We would scope out the plethora of weird looking casseroles and make a note of where "our family's dish" was. You know the "safe" food. If you've never been to a pot luck, imagine a buffet, but, you don't know where any of it came from. Kinda creepy!!!!  Sometimes the safest thing were the biscuits at the end of the table. Not very satisfying.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.  In this particular cookbook there was a recipe for tuna salad for a sandwich filling.  I added 1.5 cups of dried (then cooked elbow macaroni), chopped onion and four eggs. And Viola!!! I finally have a workable, reference-able recipe!!! I am all about tweeking recipes, I just can't help myself.  Here is the final product:


I have to add the celery after, to my bowl, since some people in my humble abode don't like celery and are very adamant about it.  Tuna macaroni salad just isn't the same without some celery.  Just sayin'.

The bad thing about this salad is I am trying to work off my latest salt/vinegar chip and peanut butter cookie addiction and this clearly isn't going to help. I see some lettuce salad in my future. But, please reference the video link I posted a while ago. That is how it will be.

That's it for now. Till next time....

"Like" my Facebook page if you would like to receive blog reminders.


No comments: