Thursday, April 5, 2012

D@mn those carbs!!

Being the "good" wife I decided to make dessert AND freshly baked bread for tonight's enjoyment.  I don't usually make a habit of the bread thing, since I have zero patience for all the waiting and rising crap.  But, I did make that super delicious pretzel bread that needs minimal raise time. And after much harassing I made those oreo brownies. C#1's daily question, "Can I have some oreos?" Me says, "No, I need those for the brownies..." Repeat at least 7x's. And that is if he only asked once daily and he is persistent.  Here  are the final products:


Add some butter and a sprinkle of sea salt and oh my!!


Here's the Oreo brownie. I was trying to make it look "fancy" with crushed oreos on top. It didn't really work, but, it didn't mess up the taste!


I had to drink a glass of milk after eating this. Wow! It was sooooooooooooo rich!

And I must report that I had a "No-Fail"egg day. It was almost a scrambled mess, but, I didn't step away, so there was no extra cooking to the pan. YAY! 


They were a teense overcooked (I might have been slightly distracted), but, at least their shape remained intact. AND please notice the very important cup of coffee.  A must, I must tell you!!!!!! And it should be noted that, that special cup came from the dearest hubby, who knows I enjoy "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." Yes, it's weird and corny and geeky and teeny boppery and all those things, but, I still like it (the show that is.)


 



And then there was Spike....... 



It is amazing what you can find when you "google" something. I thought this was hysterical! I am not a Twilight hater, but, I would be okay with this. HAHAHHAAHHAHAA!!

That's it for now. Till next time..................


If you "like" my Facebook page, you will get reminders to read my rants. 


No comments: