Saturday, April 14, 2012

"Cabin in the Woods" - NOT your average horror flick.

I am always up for a good horror movie and was excited to see the trailer for "Cabin in the Woods."


Let me just say the movie trailer is slightly deceiving.  You will not be seeing your "run of the mill" scary cabin story (Sorry no "Wrong Turn 4" here.) So just be aware....

But, what made it even MORE exciting was that fact that Joss Whedon had his hands in this one. I love, love, LOVEEEEEEE "Firefly" and "Serenity." And as I have mentioned "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" has a special place in my heart, too.  

This movie is getting stellar reviews and they were well earned. I love how Joss Whedon and his co-workers can work humor into a usually humorless genre. That takes some serious skillzzz! Other fine examples of this are: "Firefly" and "Serenity" were sci-fi, western AND comedy. And "Buffy" was horror, monster, AND comedy. What's not to like?!?!

Some of the cast came from Joss Whedon's old shows, too. Mostly from "Dollhouse." Which was pretty sweet, too.

Anywhoooo, if you want to see a horror/bloodfest/comedy/weird but in a very good way flick, go see this! And make sure you watch it closely since there are lots of nods to other greats. 

I won't say anything else, so as not to give anything away. 

Till next time....



"Like" my Facebook page if you would like to receive blog reminders.

No comments: