Wednesday, August 31, 2011

You said WHAT?!

The other day, C#1 came storming up the stairs clearly enraged at C#2. He blathered on about how unfair she is blah, blah, blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....  He then uttered, "I am bored." With an immediate shocked look in his eye. My jaw dropped and I raised my eyebrows in disbelief. He started sputtering and spewing excuses.  "But, but, but......" You see there is a strict rule in our house, that if you utter the vile word "bored" in any context, you are assigned a chore, to cure your ailment.  He tried to convince me that it had to do with C#2 and so on and so forth. After a few minutes of spewage I told him he would have to do said chore immediately or he would also end up with a "check" (which I will explain in another story, at another time.)  His extra chore only took about five minutes, so really nothing to get upset about. But, the punishment had the desired effect. I love being a "mean" Mommy. I am sure it will be a long, long time before I hear that word uttered, again.

Anyway, there's the bored story. It was quite amusing -- well it was for me. Andddddd I got an extra chore out of C#1 for the day! I call that a BIG win!

No comments: