Thursday, September 1, 2011

Haircuts

Since this was the final full week of summer vacation, I figured C#2 needed a haircut. I took her to the local Cost Cutters.  Seeing that I had an opportunity, I decided to get one, too.  My hair was at a good length --- but, that window of "goodness" lasts for about a week. Then my bangs would be too long and I would be tempted to grab the kitchen scissors and whack them off!!  I told the lovely hairstylist to take two inches off. When she was done it was all flat and wet (since I refuse to pay extra for a wash and dry.) I should state that it took me about a year to "figure" out how to style my hair. So, alas, I am almost back to square one. Thankfully, it does appear to be pliable, so all is not lost. Haircuts are such a tricky thing. Especially when you have a different stylist every time.

C#2 had her hair cut a teense bit shorter than before with more layers. It might look cute, if she (or I) took the time to style it. She's insisting that we make an extra effort on the first day of school. And I am sure, after that, she will get up, not brush it and be completely satisfied.  I know that it will only be a short time before she is going to drive me bonkers wanting to look all cute EVERY day.  I hope I have a couple years, before that drama.....  I won't hold my breath.

So there you have it. A tale about haircuts! :)

No comments: