Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Be thankful in all things....

Even if it challenges your bank account! That is the lesson I am supposed to be learning, courtesy of my car. I finally got the PITA car towed, yesterday. The towing company is very busy (putting it mildly) and it was picked up after scheduled hours.  I don't think I was charged extra. I called the towing company in the morning and was informed that it would be a while, since the truck they needed to tow my PITA car, was busy. The way the car was dragged out of the garage and into the driveway, was at a tricky angle, which required a specific truck.

Anyway, I called the mechanic today and they notified me that they were getting it in the shop at that very moment. I am sure that was loads of fun, since the stupid thing would not shift gears -- aka stuck in park. I probably don't want to know how they got it into the garage part of the shop. Ughhhhhhhhhhh!

One and a half hours later the lovely mechanic called with the damages. Many dollars later it will supposedly be fixed. The mechanic said it was labor intensive. That just figures. It has been over a year since I have had any major issues with said vehicle (now I just jinxed myself -- for sure.)  I just might have my PITA automobile back tomorrow. I won't hold my breath.

But, I know my situation and bills are far less than lots of my neighbors. So in that, I will be thankful.

No comments: