Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Annnnnnnnd now I'm stuck.

I went to my BFFs house yesterday and helped empty her flood damaged house.  But, first we did a little bit of a "re-group" and chatted over coffee at the mini "coffee bar" I brought.


I then helped my BFF clear the cupboards in her kitchen. These bags were then dumped at the curb.


This was seen all over this street and many, many others.  And the mud. Really nasty and stinky. It is really sad to see so much loss, everywhere.

I had planned on going out today and helping clear out my BFFs house, but, after loading the car, my car wouldn't shift!!! I called the hubby and informed him of my predicament. As I was speaking to him, I noticed that there was a noticable leak of  some sort. The fluid was yellow-ish.  I was apparently not going anywhere today. AND I was not happy about it. 

The hubby came home and figured out the problem. I have a blown brake line. Now the trick is to get the thing out of park, since, I cannot shift the car. It is a good thing I didn't get out of the house today. It would have been a bad thing to be out and about if the brake line decided to fail.  So alas, I am stuck for a while. The mechanic I usually take my vehicle to is under water as well. I guess, I will have to be patient.   

My problem does seem very trivial compared to what is happening around me (which it is -- trivial.)  Families losing everything and the destruction of so many things and peoples lives.  My prayers will continue to go out to all of the families affected by this and I hope to help, again, very soon.

No comments: