Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Must have been a milestone.

Both C#1 & C#2 are both in the double digits.  I am having a hard time getting my mind around it. Not sure if it's just me feeling older or maybe it's a mild case of panic?!?  I am deathly afraid of the teenage years and alas they are upon me.  WHAT AM I GONNA DO?!?! I've considered farming the children off to their grandparents. I figure they've already done this. They must be pros. Right?  It's almost like when you leave the hospital after having a baby. They push you out the door with a "Good luck!" And you're like what? Me? What am I supposed to do? I don't have instructions?  Of course, we muddle along for better or for worse.  I just need to be thankful that we have all survived the last 10+ years.

I have younger siblings who have felt the need to populate the earth, too. One of them asked me if I ever felt that "wanna have another one twinge"? I can say with absolute certainty "NO WAY, NO HOW!"  I have been told that once the first one goes off to kindergarten, I would have this longing. Wellllll.... C#1 hopped onto the bus that first day of school and there were NO tears. N.O.N.E.  When it was C#2's turn --- Yet, again, no tears. Not even a mist.

Let me be clear.... I do love my children and would do anything for them.  But, before you have children, you need someone to tell you it's HARD work!  Of course, that wouldn't have helped. All those cute babies and the "baby" friends are all encouraging of that endeavor --- AKA misery loves company.  This doesn't all come to light until AFTER you have squeezed out baby #1.  Of course, it does seem like those big decisions, moments in life, turn out to be a lot harder to deal with after said event, than before.  I guess this is my word of caution. I do love my life and the people in it.  I just want to help those who are wearing "rose colored glasses" with the reality of things.

Any way, that is my thought for today.  More to come ---  I promise! :)

No comments: