Friday, September 23, 2011

A busy, busy day!

Well the good news is I go my car back!!  And it was $200 less than what they quoted. Of course, that might be on purpose, so it doesn't feel soooooooooo bad when you get the bill at the end.

After we/I picked up my car, the rest of the family went home and I got to go to "Meet the Teacher Night." I liked all of the teachers and was happy to "make sense" of some of the complaints from C#1. He was complaining of working in groups and having difficulty dealing with the other classmates who weren't pulling their load. I know exactly what he means, but, at the teacher thing, it was explained without my even asking!

Right now I should be cleaning the house and preparing for the birthday party for C#2. But, alas, I am blogging and procrastinating. Which I am the queen of, in case you didn't know. Like I said before, I am not too worried about the clean house.  The guests are all family (except for C#2's friend, but, she doesn't care) so there is no real expectation and if there is, welllllllllllllllllllllllllll you know that I care (not at all.)  


Yesterday I went cake shopping with the birthday girl. I had a small list, but, her primary was cookies for school and the right cake. We found the perfect sugar cookies with the thick, delicious frosting. Sadly they only came in a pack of 21 and for all the students and teachers to get on we needed at least 26. I had to break down and buy two packages and am now forced to eat the rest at home. I know, I know.... The sacrifice is huge (well it might be if I decide to eat them ALL, which I would, if I dared.) They are that good! We also had to pick out a cake. She did not think that a 1/4 sheet cake was enough. We are going to have 15+ people, but, a lot of those people are very little and I am sure they won't be cake happy --- at least I am sure their parent's aren't going to let them be. She picked out a 1/2 sheet cake, anyway. I think she liked the balloons that were on it. All I can say is that there is there is TO.MUCH.CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I know what tasty treat I will be bringing to Bible Class on Sunday!

I will be making chicken alfredo, baguette bread, and salad for dinner.  I hope to get that started very soon, since we will be eating dinner kind of early to accomodate soccer practices (my nephew's) and the many little people with earlier bedtimes.  I am sure it will be a success. Maybe I will clean, but, I will probably just focus on the food. Who cares how clean the house is, if the food is good? Not me!  I will make sure to take pictures of the food and post them next time.... I better get started, because dinner needs to be ready in five hours and company will be here in four!!  YIKES!

No comments: