Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Well that was highly entertaining..... NOT!

Today was the first day of school for C#1 and C#2.  Everyone got out of the house just fine. I then had plans for a "celebration" breakfast at a local diner. I was following a friend, since I didn't know where this place was located. I was almost to my BFFs house and the road to get to her house had flooded over. I decided to drive through it. I know, I know, not very smart. But, I did make it. On my way back out the road looked WAY worse, so I did a U-turn and went down another way.

We arrived at the diner and I made sure to order my breakfast right away, since I had last minute appointment. My food showed up very fast and when I was nearly finished, my cellphone rang. The lovely hubby was telling me that I should go home NOW!  I was already concerned with the water, since my BFFs house was in danger of flooding.  I had my route planned, but, was forced to go another way since the road was closed due to flooding under a bridge. The other route was better, only because it wasn't closed, but, there were a few spots where the water was running over from the ditches. I decided not to stay on that road and got on the highway. Thankfully it was doing okay. It wasn't under at all. But, then once I got off the highway, there were more spots where the water was over the road. I got one road away from home and there were two spots where the water was raging over the road. SHEEESHHHHHHHH! I live on a hill but, it was coming down so fast the ditches couldn't contain it. I finally made it to my road and thankfully it was mostly clear. Phewwwwwwww!!!!

Once I got home I texted the Hubby and BFF to let them know I didn't get washed away.  Then I noticed I missed a call for my appointment and that was cancelled because of all the rain. Then, I noticed the kids have an early dismissal. Then, my BFF posted pictures of her house and the water was all the way up to the house. AND it wasn't like that when I was there less than 2 hours before. AND the rain doesn't appear to be letting up. I just got a phone call from the hubby and he said this flash flooding might be as bad as a couple years ago, that caused tonsssssssss of damage.  I am hoping it lets up soon and that the kids and hubby get home safe!!

No comments: