Wednesday, August 17, 2011

BEEF!

It's what's for dinner... Now I have that lovely little jingle playing on a loop in my head.

Anywayyyyyyyyyy...  Tomorrow I pick up 1/4 of a cow.  Not an actual cow quarter. You know in the steaks, roasts and hamburger format -- but, you knew, what I meant.

The first last minute plan was to pick it up today. And I would not have any time to clear out the freezer, clean out the freezer, try to make room for lots of meat. Thankfully, my BFF, with the beef, was able to squash it all into her freezer/freezers. That in effect gave me the evening to do that lovely task.

I have done this before and (another) thankfully I didn't make a ginormous mess of it, since the last time there was a freezer clean. I did throw away some very icy looking veggies and fruit. Note to self: wrap items more securely. I did also find some very old stuff, that needed to take a trip, to the trash, too.

It still took me almost two hours. Hauling stuff out and chipping away at the big ice chunks, can be time consuming.

I was able to put back two of the 20lb bags of ice, that have been residing there since our last power outage. But, then they will be taking a melty vacation, into the front yard, after tomorrow.  I'm just happy that the chore is done and it wasn't a huge endeavor.

Hmmmmmmm.... I wonder what's for dinner tomorrow?!

(hahahahahahhahahahaah I know that was a duh thing to say. I couldn't help myself.)

No comments: