Friday, August 12, 2011

Blackberries!

I have blackberries galore! My MIL has some very fruitful (quite literally) blackberry bushes this year. Her last count was 84 quarts or some ridiculous amount.  I froze a bunch and made some "Blackberry Buckle", today. The recipe was for blueberries, but, since I have used and frozen those berries already, I made blackberry.  I had to google the buckle part of the name. I had a strange curiosity of the exact meaning -- not sure why.  It just sounds goofy to me, but, it tastes great!

I've also had this recent need to eat mint chip ice cream. I forget how stinkin' good it is. I was informed by the hubby that it would taste great with brownies. I definitely concur, but, I just made the blackberry stuff, so that's gonna have to wait. Too much junk food in this house is NOT good for me. The temptation is toooooo much!!

I made my trusty pot of coffee and am hoping it will help me withstand any future night cravings. I'm going to watch a movie later (not sure what) and need something to stifle my need for food!!!!

I have approximately 1.5 days until C#1 and C#2 return. I am still trying to make every minute count.

Soooooo ta-ta for now!

No comments: