Friday, August 26, 2011

The last HURRAH!

We (me, C#1, C#2 and my Mom) took a mini vacation trip to visit the grandparents. We had a great time and thankfully the weather cooperated.... Except for the last night when it started thundering and lightning so hard that it woke everyone up at 2 in the morning!

We firstly visited my Mom's Mom and my Great Aunt. We had a great picnic lunch of taco & bruschetta pizza. I never would have thought of making a taco pizza. It was the meat and the cheese baked on a crust. After it's done you add the lettuce, tomato, onion, sour cream and salsa. It was AMAZING! I can't wait to try it at home.  Who would have thought the simple ingredients on a taco would taste so great on a pizza crust?! Well, I never did....



The kids swam in the public pool for a couple hours and once they emerged from the water they had turned into raisins.  We packed up and headed to our next stop.

We then ventured to my other grandparents house which was about an hour away.  We had a great time visiting and the kids had fun making s'mores in the wheelbarrow fire pit.  The wheelbarrow fire pit is a GREAT idea. When you're finished you can move it to wherever you want to store it! I might do this with an old rusty wagon, that my kids are done with.



We also went out to lunch at a local diner. I ordered a reuben sandwich and I must say it was the best I've ever had at a restaurant.


And then the children got free ice cream cones. They were on the smallest cones, I have ever seen! That was highly entertaining...



That evening the gals received facials from my Aunt, who sells Mary Kay. C#2 did an amazing job and she has NEVER applied the make-up before. I told her that she wasn't allowed to use make-up until she was 16 and not to get any ideas... Yes, I let my little girl play with "big" girl make-up.

All in all, it was a great trip and I am looking forward to the next adventure...


No comments: