Monday, August 8, 2011

Downright Disturbing....

I have this habit of buying a bunch of dvds without knowing if they are good or not.  I have found reading reviews doesn't always mean anything. Anywayyyyyy, I finally watched "The Stoning of Soraya M." Yes, it is about a stoning and is a true story. This woman/wife/mother is falsely accused of infidelity. Her sh***y husband decides he wants a new wife and decides that having her stoned is the best way to get rid of her, literally.  This movie was produced by the same guy who did "The Passion of the Christ." Need I say more. Probably not. It isn't THAT graphic, but, close. This incident apparently happened in the 1980's.

What I don't get is the Muslims who claim their beliefs are all peace loving. I see and read stuff like this and there is just NO way that makes any sense. That said, they better not be bringing any Sharia Law into my country. I might have to hurt someone!!!

It seems of late there are lots of news stories about human rights atrocities all over the world. I know it's nothing new, but, with each upsetting article it strengthens my faith.  How can anyone rationalize their beliefs when they stone people, kill baby girls, etc.... Yes, I know, there is extremism on both sides of the fence. But, crap like that makes my blood boil.  I am all about grace -- showing grace, treating people with grace, trying to think gracefully (does that even make sense?! Definitely an easier said than done.)  Maybe I should just not read anymore news articles and stay away from cable/satellite news channels. It might be for the best......

 Now I'm just rambling. Oh well. I haven't posted a blog in a few days and that's what you get. :)

2 comments:

Pam Zirbel said...

You are absolutely hysterical girlfriend!! I never knew you HAD a blog!! Ya might wanna help ME get one going!!! Is it easy?! You are wayyy to funny!!!!!

BB said...

It is really, really easy! My main challenge is keeping it updated.