Sunday, August 28, 2011

Grrrrr... ARG!!

In doing my shipping labels, I found out that printing them out on ebay, instead of paypal, actually only uses HALF of the sticker paper. Whoohoo!! Normally it uses a whole sheet and produces a receipt that I have to store.  Anyway, yesterday I felt the need to print my labels, just in case there were any power outages on Sunday.  I recently purchased a wireless printer, so I can sit on my lazy butt and use my laptop. After printing out four labels, I finally got up, to check them and to flip it to the other side, to get full usage of the label paper. What I discovered is that whatever I was doing had caused it to use the WHOLE sheet of paper per label. GRRRRRRRR!!!! And the whole label wasn't even printed properly. UGHHHHH!! After changing some settings I tried it four more times, with the same annoying results. WTH!! This was sooooooooooooo not cool!!! I finally did minimal changes (set it to print only one page) and then hit print. VIOLA! It worked, but, it was using the full ink output. I have a thing about wasting printer ink. The stuff is WAY too expensive, to begin with. I didn't want to waste my labels, so with glue stick in hand, I put a blank piece of copy paper onto each sticker sheet. I figured I could put packaging tape over the address and all was good. I then, had to reprint the first four labels. After doing this successfully, I was highly irritated that it was still using the "normal" ink output. I had to rack my brain to figure out how to fix that. Then it dawned on me that I could set the printer, from the computer to print only draft quality copies. Again, VIOLA! I have done this before a few years back, when I was trying to figure out how to print photo quality and couldn't. Unbeknownst to me it had been set to black/white draft. So, I did figure it out. Yes, I am slow. But, now it's fixed permanently or until I have to change it back. Oh! The joys of shipping from home.....

On a brighter note, I made green bean chili for dinner. It might seem odd to fix a soup for dinner in August. But, it has been raining all day and is a little bit chilly. I added cabbage and kidney beans this time and it was absolutely delicious! AND everyone seemed to like it. WIN!

I also "made" C#1 do a mini book report sheet for a book he read. Apparently they have to read 25 books this year for school and the teacher gives them a head start. Unfortunately I lost the book report sheet and had to go on the internet to find a replacement. What I printed wasn't the same, but, it was close. I figure his teacher won't mind that much and if she does, he can use the information on that sheet and fill out her sheet. He was actually a good sport about it. I don't know if I would have been. I mean, who does homework during summer vacation?!?! I know I never did.

That's it for now... Catcha later!

No comments: