Monday, August 29, 2011

C#2 is now a chef!

This weekend we ventured over to new store called "Ollie's." It's like "Big Lots," but BIGGER... They had an awesome selection of cheap/quality cookbooks. C#2 found one by the "Semi-Homemade" author Sandra Lee.  It had a nice assortment of do-able recipes.   Me, being the cookbook lover that I am, couldn't help but ignite the flame of cookbook loving in C#2.  She then made a plan to make the "Pepperoni Chicken," which she did tonight.  I supervised and re-read the cookbook to her, letting her do most of the dirty work. Which it was, since raw chicken is kinda icky. Her favorite part was pounding the snot out of the chicken breasts. Rest assured there was no literal "snot." Ewwww... Now I'm grossed out. Anywhooooooooooooooooo she did an excellent job of seasoning the chicken and rolling them up.

She then made garlic/cheese bread. She went a little heavy on the garlic (it was the granulated stuff.) But, I went with it. She was determined to make it ALL.BY.HERSELF!

Thirty minutes later it was all done. And drum roll please ------------- It was delicious!!! The chicken was tender and flavorful and the excessive garlic on the bread was just right!! We inundated her with praise and she was proud of herself. (I did grill the veggies -- she's too short or young to be doing that.)



After everything was cleaned up (by me) she told me that she wrote "Super Yummy" on the recipe. I mark all of the recipes with similar "exclamations." Like Mother, like Daughter.  Here is what she wrote (click on the picture for a larger image.)


If you can't read it she wrote "Supper Yummy." I smiled and chuckled in my head, but, thought it was SUPER cute.  I didn't correct her, since I didn't want her scribbling it out, since it's written in pen. I am not sure when or if I will correct her. She might find it amusing --- well maybe some day.

That's it for today. A "bored" story coming soon! :)

No comments: