Sunday, August 28, 2011

Why yes.... I do watch too much TV.

It's a fact.  Of late, it has been random movies and tv series-ses (how do you plural that?!?!), that I have bought online. I do check the reviews on rottentomatoes.com. But, that doesn't always mean you don't end up with a rotten one.

 I have been making a point of staying up way tooooooo late, these last days of summer vacation. I pack the hubby's lunch the night before and leave a note telling him where the ice pack is located. Which means: 1.) Yes, I stayed up too late, 2.) Please don't ask me where anything is, and finally and most importantly 3.) DON'T WAKE ME UP!!!! My methods have proven to be successful. YAY ME!!

Anyway, here is the list of good tomatoes and slightly rotten ones, I have encountered in my mega movie watch...

1.) Insidious. Haunted house/child movie. Major creepy factor. Not a rotten tomato.

2.) The Other Woman. Not what I was expecting (I didn't read the back of the box.) But, I did find it to be a good chick flick drama. Sad, though. Not a rotten tomato.

3.) Drive Angry. Crazy, action flick. The "F" word is the word of choice. Strange, but intriguing. Not a rotten tomato.

4.) Love Letters. Another one I didn't know much about and I was less than impressed. It was okay, very "Lifetime" movie. An overripe tomato.

5.) Dear Me: A Blogger's Tale. I wanted to like this one. Felicia Day is in this flick and I do love her (she's awesome in "The Guild.") But, alas, it was just okay. Funny in spots, but, it left much to be desired. A slightly overripe tomato.

6.) Gilmore Girls: This is a series and yes, I did watch it all. It took me a while (not just the summer), but, it definitely grew on me. A ripe tomato.

and lastly...

6.) Roots. This is a mini series, so this took up a bunch of nights. The show is old-ish. It was interesting, but, I didn't love it. I read the book many moons ago and I remember it being very good. I will have to search through the muck and mire in my craft/library/stock/junk/pig sty room and find it to read, again. But, I probably won't since I have a stack of books to read, a mile high. An overripe tomato.

And since, I can't think of anything interesting to watch, I will throw in "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" Season 1 -- NOT the movie. Yes, I'm a dork and like that show, too. And yes, I've already seen it ALL twice. Any brilliant suggestions are appreciated. Jesting comments not so much............

Till next time.

No comments: