Thursday, June 2, 2011

I'm stuck in a rut.

Yesterday I went to lunch, with  my BFF Ging, at our favorite lunch cafe. After scanning the menu, I was delighted to see that my most favorite sandwich of all time (well there) was the special! This particular 'wich is on the Fall/Winter menu and goes MIA during the spring/summer menu. I am not sure why, but, alas that is the way it goes.  So, of course, I order it, because, it has been while.  Truth be told the last two or three times I've been there, I've ordered that very same thing -- since it was the fall/winter menu. It's called "The Court Street." It's basically a grilled cheese with tomatoes and bacon, but, it is sooooo gooey and delicious! (The funky french fry looking things and fancy orange slice did get ignored. I mean really; there is only so  much space in your belly. Why fill it up with some weird s*it, that doesn't even taste that great?!)


 So there you have it, stuck in a rut example #1.

I also forgot to mention that their cucumber salsa is back. I love, love, LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that! And yes, I did order that, too. Now I don't need to eat for the rest of the week. Yeahhhh... Like that's going to happen.

Example #2.  C#1 and C#2 were finally in bed, so I plop my butt in front of the tv. Lo and behold my favorite movie of all time is on Starz!!! Before you think I spend a gazillion dollars on useless tv, let me assure you we do NOT pay for this channel package. Our lovely channel provider gifted it to us for a year, because we're so "loyal." Rest assured, I will NOT be attached to anything on those channels, that will make me want to spend another penny, on more tv. Not that any of YOU needed an explanation.

Anyway, back to my original story. My favorite movie is "Easy A." I don't know why and I know I have mentioned it in a previous post. After watching it for about two minutes on tv, it was decided to just put the dvd in -- so it could be paused, etc.... We don't have DVR on this particular television, so none of that fancy action (pausing, rewinding) was going to be happening, if we watched it on our "extra special" movie channel.  Let me tell you, I have seen this movie a zillion times and have watched it at least one other time in the last two months. Let me also explain that I have piles of dvds that I haven't watched, but, yet, I continue to watch the same movie over and over and laugh hysterically at all the same spots.  I seriously can't explain it. I must be mental.

I know that everyone was just dying to know these things. I hope that I have something more exciting to report next time............. Please don't hold your breath.

No comments: