Friday, June 24, 2011

What does it really mean?

I came across a sign stating "Road Closed, Local Traffic Only."  My question is how local is local?  Do you have to live on the street, in the town, city, state? Or is it figured by miles? If you live within 2 miles or 5 or 10 or 15 or 35, then it's open for you to travel?  I am just wondering what does it EXACTLY mean?  Rest assured, I "pretended" I was a local (even though my plates were from another state.)  This was decided, because, I knew going the other "not local traffic" way was going to add too much time to my trip home.  It should also be stated that I did not come upon any road crews or anyone to glare at me in a very "unlocal" way.  If anyone has any information about this, please pass it along. I'm dying to know!!

On my way home yesterday, I passed C#1 & C#2's school bus. UH OH! What that means is that they are already home. Rest assured I was only one road away from my road, but, still...  I seriously thought I was doing good. Getting home about 15 minutes before the children were supposed to be home, but, alas THEY WERE ALREADY HOME! I pulled into the driveway and said children were running around (obviously they weren't too concerned.) As I was exiting the vehicle C#1 came up to me and informed me that they had been home for 20 minutes. There is no way that they were home THAT long, since I saw the bus just down the road from our house. I countered with, "You could have only been home for 10 minutes, max AND you shouldn't even be home for 15 minutes!"  That shut him up and it didn't come up, again.  I totally forgot that the high schoolers wouldn't be on the bus, therefore cutting out a trip to the HS and dropping them off. 

Thankfully it's the last day of school. I have to go the garage to get some minor work done on my car. I will however tell them that I need to be outta there by 2:15 at the very latest, so I don't get home late, again. Perish the thought!!!

That's is for the moment. But, you know I'll be back.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess ya make yer choice and take yer chances around here with the roads lately. How about the 4-minute stop light that nobody waits to turn green before they move forward? Last time I passed that way, there was a flagman making sure everyone waited their turn. Why can't they just shorten the length of time it stays red?!? Who knows?

BB said...

I know! It's like an adventure every time I head out your way! What roads are going to be closed, is there going to be some funky detour on some back road that is even more back road?! At least now I don't need to use a GPS... haha!

meoman said...

Oh silly Becky.... it means: "We're trying to work here and could really do without the extra traffic, so if you can take another route to get where you're going, do so". ;P