Friday, June 24, 2011

Go ahead..... I'll just deny it!

I bought some basil and lettuce seeds, since the people who normally supply these didn't have any extra. I clearly have no idea how to plant ANYTHING --- did I mention I don't have a "real" garden.  My garden consists of garden boxes and flower pots. Okay.... Back to the basil and lettuce. I mistakenly planted them too deep about 1 3/4 inches too deep. I was advised wait a week or just replant.

After my car appointment, which thankfully only took about an hour and fifteen minutes, I went to the local garden/home stuff store. I was in search of some more basil and lettuce seeds and some twine or string for my tomatoes. Then it came to me that I had four empty pots that could potentially be filled with MORE basil. I proceeded to buy a small bag of potting soil and some plant food soil (which claims to make things grow better -- not sure I believe it, but, we shall see.)  After venturing around the soil aisle I finally found the seed packet rack. I grabbed a lettuce packet and had to search high and low for the basil. Before spotting the basil I saw a seed packet for cilantro. I actually made an audible "OOOOOO!!" (Not that loud, but, the caps and exclamation points are for emphasis.) What did I just do?! Get excited about a packet of seeds?!?! This can't be happening!!!!

Once I got home, I planted said seeds in my empty, lonely flower pots. And then I realized I forgot to get the needed string. DRAT!

Anyway, all of that to say that I AM NOT A GARDENER! I do NOT have a green thumb and I will deny it, if anyone asks me.  Besides who knows if my new seeds will even successfully germinate.  But, I will let you know if they sprout in a very non-gardener way. Now pardon me, while I go scrap out the dirt underneath my fingernails!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

... and so it begins. Did you think we gardening addicts started out on a binge of inhaling compost fumes?!? heh-heh ... welcome to the club, Newbie!

BB said...

I always thought it was a compost fume addiction... ;)