Thursday, June 9, 2011

And.... Then there was hail.

There was a severe weather warning in the area. I did take it seriously, but, wasn't expecting it to be ----  severe. As the hail was slamming into my house, I was thinking, that maybe I shouldn't be so close to the windows?! But, alas, the adventurer in me decided to watch it all happen.  And guess what?! I survived!!! In case you didn't already guess that.  This is what I found in the aftermath:


Yes, my "garden", well garden boxes, were nicely hammered by the hail. MOST of the plants survived. One lettuce totally bit the dust and one tomato took a severe lashing. Everything else looks manageable.

THEN, the land line phone was out, but, the electric and internet were still intact. YAY! However, this posed a problem, because there were power/phone lines down and no way to get ahold of me.  The bus garage (carrying C#1 & C#2) resorted to calling my MIL, to notify me that there was a tree down with no further instructions.  Then the other half called and said that the bus wouldn't come up the road because of said tree AND that power lines were down. All this to say is thankfully I had my cellphone on!! I don't usually have it on when I'm home. On a side note -- I need to give the bus garage my cell number, again.  At least it all worked out.  Even though the poor children were on the bus for almost two hours. And if anyone remembers bus rides, we know THAT was pure torture.

I was notified that the power company was fixing the lines, as we speak, and said children are all showered and vegetating in their normal spots.

And there you have it! The excitement for today!!

No comments: