Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's all about "being regular."

I have read that to be "good" at blogging, it needs to be updated regularly. So, in the spirit of "being regular," (Haha! Get it "being regular"?!?!?! Oh never mind......)  I will give you a synopsis of the past few days.

I watched the movie "127 Hours."  It kinda, sorta reminded me of the movie "Castaway" (which I didn't love.)  I thought it was better than previously mentioned movie, but, it had similar qualities.  "127 Hours" is based on a true story, which was interesting.  I don't want to give anything away, but, if you have issues with grossness, you might want to stay away. I had to cover my eyes a couple of times and I'm usually no wuss when it comes to movie graphics.  It definitely had a major ick factor.

I also went to my BFFs nursing school graduation. She was #1 in her class!  She also won a scholarship, that was based on an essay she had written.  Before presenting her with the award, the presenter read excerpts from her essay.  Her essay described the pain and anguish she suffered when her brother died a few years back.  It also expressed her motivation is to be a more compassionate nurse when faced with any harrowing situation.  Her personal experience, at this particular hospital wasn't exemplary.  Needless to say, I am sure there wasn't a dry eye in the auditorium.  I am very proud of my friend and her hard work, over the past ten months!

I have also proven to be the "Worst Parent Ever!"  I forgot when C#2's awards ceremony was (aka I didn't write it down.) Lo and behold, she comes home with a trophy and three certificates of academic achievement. Oops!!  I did, however, remember when C#1's awards thingy was -- today. C#2 said to be fair I shouldn't go to C#1's ceremony. Really?! I guess, that seems fair to a little girl. But, that is NOT what I am going to do. I do have a good excuse though. REALLY I do!!  I got a lovely letter in the mail last week listing what awards C#1 was going to receive. Did I receive such a notice for C#2? Nope!  As a parent, am I supposed to go to these ceremonies without the satisfaction of my child receiving something?! I didn't think so, but, I might be wrong.  If any of you know better, please let me know. I was planning on buying something "special" for C#1 & C#2, so I will make sure it's extra special, for the latter.

Well, I do need to get a head start on the day. I have a zillion places to hit up before heading back to the school for said ceremony. Till next time!

No comments: