Friday, May 25, 2012

The Joy of Folding Socks.

And you all know there is no joy in folding socks. I have established folding laundry to C#1 and C#2 on a rotating schedule. They both, however, will NOT fold socks, unless I make it a separate chore or threaten their life. There are many a morning when one or two and sometimes three people are searching for socks to start the day. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I don't understand why they just won't fold the d@mn socks! How hard is it?!?

Anyway, C#2 insisted on watching cartoons and I told her she could IF she folded socks. After about 20 minutes, I went to check and she had folded a grand total of eight pairs. Really?!?!?! GAHHHHH! So, I told her to fold 20 more and then she could be done.  After giving her about 15 minutes, she had folded five more pairs, but, she mistakenly thought that counted as 10. Ummmmmmmm.... No. That would be only five pairs. She whined and complained and whined some more. *insert whiney little girl, I don't wanna voice here* "I can't find any more matches!!!"  So, I sat down and thought I would prove her wrong.

Thankfully she had switched from cartoons to "Mythbusters." A TV show to watch that wasn't going to melt my brain.  It was a very interesting episode and I will get into that in a bit....

In no time at all I finished her required 20 pairs and pressed on with the basket and folded 40+. Now everyone has wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many socks. Who'd a thought?!? All that remained in the basket were some loners, that will probably forever be loners and need to take a trip to the garbage.


Random loner socks and a bunch of laundry cups.

I think I proved my point and will no longer get any argument from the peanut gallery. But, everyone knows that isn't true. *sigh* The joys of being a parent.

Back to the "Mythbusters" episode. It was about finding what had the most germs/bacteria on everyday surfaces. It started with a toilet seat and went to a kitchen sponge. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the sponge was going to be the big bad. Everyone knows that. But, it was interesting nonetheless. And the other team of mythbusters were trying to skip a car across a pond. That was highly entertaining, too.

Anyway, back to the sponge. I was at my BFF's house and saw her cut her Scotch-Brite kitchen sponge in half.  How come I never thought of that?!? I go through sponges like a madwoman, since they "go bad" at a very rapid pace. Cutting them in half not only extends the life of one sponge, it also makes it much easier to clean things out. Smaller spaces are no longer a challenge. 



Between the roasted peppers and sponge cutting trick I am feeling a little slow on the uptake.  Better late than never, I guess you could say.

Anyway, that's it for today. Till next time...



No comments: