Monday, May 28, 2012

Grilled Pizza and Waterfalls!

The hubby asked me what was for dinner and I said, "Pizza!" But, it was warm out and the oven was not a good idea. But, I had two frozen bread loaves that I had thawed, a half a can of crushed tomatoes, and a partial bag of shredded mozzarella/Parmesan cheese to use. Sooooooooo... I looked in my Mr. Food grilling cookbook and googled it and viola! I had a solution.

I sprayed a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray and placed it on a flat grill pan with holes. Then I rolled out the dough and plunked it on the grill. Once it was brown and hard cooked on the bottom I flipped it with another piece of foil and hot pads. I should state that I burned my finger something fierce in the process.  I wasn't sure how it was all going to work. I then put the toppings on it and let it cook for eight minutes more - or until the cheese melted. It started to burn in a small section so I shifted it onto a cookie sheet and off the grill, since it apparently was done. Here are the before and after pictures:

This is cooked side up and covered with pizza stuff.

Proof I did use the grill -- haha!

AND all finished and ready to eat!

The crust was thicker than my normal "homemade" pizza, but, that was primarily because I used two bread loaves. It was very good! I will definitely be doing it, again.  The pizza dough flipping was a little bit tricky, but, now that I've done it, it will be much easier. The Mr. Food recipe said use an already baked crust. That would probably be easier, but, I didn't have any of those.

For Memorial day we visited a local state park. The hubby and I visited this site last year, and decided to let the kids enjoy it, too. Sadly when we got there the "fun" trail was partially closed, but, we were still able to see the best part.


We had a picnic lunch, played a card game named "picnic Pitch" by C#1 and then decided to get some ice cream at a local spot on our way home. It was a successful day.

Here are some pictures of the "garden." Approximately Day #5.


The seeds planted here are sprouting. I don't have a clue what they are. I also have the bad habit of planting things wayyyyy too close together. Oops! Also my rogue lettuce is going craaaaaaaaaaaazyyyyy! I pick one leaf and it comes back with two or more. 


And some growage here. No idea what, again. It amuses me that all of the sprouts look the same. Making it very hard to differentiate.

C#2 and I planted some swiss chard, beets and a couple onions. But, again, I have a bad habit of putting things too close together. So, we will have to wait and see if it still works.

That's it for today. Till next time...




No comments: