Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Super, Easy, Yummy, Quick Pesto/Feta Chicken and Faux Peanut Butter Blossoms

I had a couple of chicken breasts thawed out for dinner and the challenge is to find something different that everyone would like.

I had recently purchased a massive chunk of feta cheese from my Mom, who bought an even bigger chunk from my SIL. Anyway, I was able to smoosh most of it into a large bowl, but, there was still a 3x3 chunk I needed to use.

My bestie and I made a point of making loads of pesto this past summer and then I continued the process at my house. That said, I have a whole bunch of little baggies filled with this deliciousness!

Sooooooooooooooooo... I retrieved one small baggie from the freezer and proceeded to mix a few tablespoons of the pesto with a healthy bit of feta cheese.

I cut the chicken breast into four pieces, then cut a small pocket into each slice (although that appeared to be unnecessary, since it tasted just fine slopped onto the top - only - on breast pieces I messed up.)  I then fried each piece on both sides for a few minutes in a large pan with oil.  Then I transferred them to a glass baking dish and stuffed each piece with the cheese and then added the leftovers on top of each breast.  I drizzled a little bit more pesto sauce and then baked them for 10-15 minutes -- till they were done.


Everyone liked it!! WIN!!  I made it twice in 24 hours! 

My Mom was coming over and I decided to try that artichoke cheese dip that made the chicken amazing -- I blogged the recipe in September.


Anyway, I made the actual dip and then made fried flour tortilla strips. The hubby and I went to TGIF and their one appetizer had these. I was sooooooooooooo intrigued and had to try it. Well it worked. All you have to do is cut up a flour tortilla or two and fry them in canola oil. Easy peasy and yummy, too!!


The Mum and I then had a dessert of "Faux Peanut Butter Blossoms." C#2 and I discovered this trick after everyone whined and complained that they wanted Hershey kisses on these cookies. You take two cookies and put a kiss on each one - microwave them for 15-17 seconds and once done, moosh the chocolate into the cookie. It completely works and tastes amazing!!


There ya have it. My eating habits from the last couple days.
Till next time...

PS.  C#1 and I have a new routine. He practices his instrument and then I have to SEE him put the mouthpiece into his bag -- so far so good.  Hopefully we can both stick to it!







No comments: