Monday, October 22, 2012

Breakfast, anyone?! And kids these days...

I got the bright idea to make peanut butter cookies for the last presidential debate tonight.  I figured we would need something nice and sweet to eat while we watched two grown mean argue with each other.  I am definitely NOT one of those "undecided", but, I like to be prepared for whatever b*tching will ensue on the social media, after these lovely events.

In making these cookies, I also found another breakfast of champions:

Peanut Butter Cookies!

Well actually this was the breakfast of champions:


PB cookie dough!!

You have your healthy dose of eggs, a little bit of milk and the other stuff.  I think I ate enough dough for breakfast and lunch. And I had to make a sacrifice and eat one of those poor cookies that decided to fall apart and be a PITA!

These also taste good with coffee.  Walmart started carrying the "Coffeemate Peppermint Mocha" Creamer. Whoohoo! I am not sure how good that would taste with pb cookies, so it's just as well, I've already had my daily allotment of cookies.


This morning was quite interesting for C#1 and me.  I had another divine thought (yes, this has happened before) to actually ask C#1 to show me his instrument's mouthpiece.  You know to make sure he actually has it in his possession for band lessons. He has band lessons of some sort everyday and the fact that he was selected for a "big deal" event next month - he needs his mouthpiece.  Anywayyyyyy, he looked through his bag and couldn't find it. Then I told him to look in his room.  He does a quick scan and then stops and says, "I'm going to miss the bus. I had it! I don't know what happened!!"  I said, "Stop flitting around and LOOK FOR YOUR MOUTHPIECE!!!!!"  I grabbed his back pack, dumped everything out and then he finds it. It was on his music stand. I stuff everything back into his bag and he races out the door.  I am hollering after him, "PUT YOUR MOUTHPIECE IN YOUR BAG!! DO NOT LEAVE IT ON THE BUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" He's done that, in case you didn't already know. UGHHHHH!  

I think he was trying to see how bad a "swear" I would say. I am proud to say the baddest one was "Freaking!"  I did say something about "irresponsible", since this is turning into a recurring event.  Therefore it was an accurate statement.  

I then made an after school list:


Emphasis on #3!!!!  Now we just have to make sure he follows said rules...

Anyway, back to a more yummy topic.  I had a few more Cortland apples to use up and found a recipe for "German Apple Pie."  I made a double crust and didn't need the top crust. And I couldn't make a nice top crust, if I wanted to.  So I had the bright idea to use a cookie cutter and make it all pretty.


The hubby even really liked it.  He did the cheddar cheese/apple pie thing.  I'm not a fan. I prefer it with ice cream, but, too each his own.

And thankfully I found the recipe online, too!


Till next time...







2 comments:

Sarah said...

That pie looks great!! Those leaves turned out very nice.

BB said...

Thanks!