Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pumpkin Dessert Time!!

I made this really amazing pumpkin dessert. But, first let me tell you about a wonderful soup.  After I made that super delicious cheesy potato soup, I found a Paula Deen baked potato casserole -- I blogged about it. Any way I did the same thing with the leftovers, of this casserole, as I did with the cheesy potatoes and it was even better!  The hubby could not stop gushing about it.


It was thick and chunky, since it was baked potatoes. I would post the recipe, but, it is basically the same as the one I posted previously.


Yesterday I was messaging my SIL and she happened to mention that she was going to make a pumpkin dessert, using cake mix, that I have made in years past.  What a fantastic idea!!! So this morning I decided to  gather said ingredients and put it together.

"Pumpkin Pie Crunch" from The Cake Mix Bible by Favorite Brand Name Recipes, Page 222.

1 can (16oz) solid pack pumpkin
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk (I used half and half -- since I bought too much and needed to use it.)
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I used cinnamon)
1/2 tsp salt
1 pkg Yellow Cake Mix (I have used white, carrot and vanilla in place of yellow and that worked just fine.)
1 cup chopped pecans (I did not use, since the peeps in my humble abode would have complained.)
1 cup butter or margarine, melted (I only used 3/4 cup - 1.5 sticks)
Whipped topping (I used cool whip)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of 13x9x2 inch pan.

2. Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt in large bowl. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture. Top with pecans. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake at 350 for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden. Serve with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers.

It doesn't look pretty, since it was still warm and kinda sloppy. But, it still tastes amazing!


I was going to wait until after dinner to eat this, but, I could NOT help myself and had an after breakfast snack. And then I had two helpings and want more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

But, I will not. No I won't. You can't make me. It smells so good. No no no no no no no no no NO!!!!!!!!

Okay I must go and get some coffee and hopefully that will satisfy me... Yeah right.

Till next time.





1 comment:

Sarah said...

Awesome!! I wouldn't have been able to resist either ;) And those pumpkin pop tarts would probably be gone within a week here hah :)