Friday, August 10, 2012

It's Avocado Time!!

I bought a bag of avocados at Sam's club and I usually let some of them sit there for too long. Therefore, there is a mad rush to find yummy ways to use them up before they go south.


The first thing I did was add it to my tuna fish for a sandwich.  I got that lovely idea from S#3 (Sibling.)  She was attempting to lessen her intake of mayonnaise. I do love my mayonnaise, so I wasn't really looking to do that. But, like I said, in an effort to use up the avocados.  Anywhoooooo, I only added about half of the normal mayonnaise and then used mashed avocado for the rest.


I coerced C#1 to try it. And he has an aversion to avocados.  Even he thought it was pretty good. WIN!

I then made some avocado salsa. 



 I may have blogged about this, but, I don't remember. So here is that recipe, again.

1 avocado,
2 tomatoes, chopped (FROM MY GARDEN!!!!)
2 garlic cloves, minced (or more!)
1/2 onion, chopped
S&P
1/2 of lime juice squeezed
dash of lemon juice concentrate

Put all of the ingredients into a manual food processor or regular. Process until all chopped, creamy and delicious!!

Eat with tortilla chips or whatever.

This recipe is definitely a good way to use up those avocados.  

That's it for now. Till next time...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although I'm sure it TASTES yummy, I've gotta say the photo does nothing for me. Bleh ...

BB said...

It is kind of hideous looking...

Carrie from Sam's Club said...

Hi, Gretchen. Thanks for sharing your avocado salsa recipe! I bet it tastes great with your homegrown tomatoes. Hope you are enjoying your summer and thanks for shopping at Sam’s Club! – Ramona from Sam’s Club