Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Yeah... yeah. I've been slacking. Here's a food blog!

It's that time of year, again. End of the school year festivities and dentist appointments. And it all seems to be on the same day or be many days in one week. Joy.  C#1 and C#2 are very excited, though.  Well, not about the dentist/orthodontist appointments.

Here's what I actually thought to take pictures of:


Shepherd's Pie. I haven't made this in a long time and C#2 was happy to find out the crust was actually mashed potatoes, not actual crust.  Next time I have to make sure to put aluminum foil over the top during the first 20 minutes of cooking to hopefully avoid the charredness.


And then I made cupcakes. I totally cheated and used a mix for the bottom part. The frosting however is homemade.  

The only reason I made these, was because C#2 whined and complained that we weren't staying late after her end of the year band concert. C#1 was complaining of a headache, which was probably only because there were 1,000,000,000,000 people in the hallway all trying to get out of the auditorium. Sooooooooooo, she was all upset and I promised her cupcakes.  She was actually surprised I made them. She was certain I would forget and forget some more and forget, yet, again. Hmmmmm.... Not my usual MO, but, I'm glad I didn't disappoint.

I did make a "sausage chili skillet" thing today. I forgot to take a picture since it really wasn't that exciting. It was my effort to find something different to make with polish sausage. Everyone seemed to like it, so it was a win!

I also found this hilarious blog when searching for a creole mustard recipe. It is called "Cooking for @ssholes." I debated on posting it to my blog space in "fear" of offending someone, but, decided, that I didn't care toooooooooooooo much... If you are offended, please accept my sincerest apologies. My recommendation to you is to NOT read it.  Anyway, this guy actually cooks and has very colorful language in his recipes -- it makes me laugh -- therefore the need to share.  Here is the link or if you want, there is a link at the bottom of this page where it is listed. http://cookingforassholes.blogspot.com/

That's it for today. Till next time...


(I couldn't help myself. heehee!!)




No comments: