Friday, June 8, 2012

Strawberry/Rhubarb Cobbler BURNED!

I was being the nice wife/mom and decided to make a special dessert, after the special dinner. I got my latest issue of "Everyday Food" and it had a cobbler recipe that worked for many types of berries/fruit/whatever.  Unfortunately there were phone calls and lots of distractions and this is what happened.


UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully the middle part was salvageable. But, I am/was highly disappointed that I scorched so much of it. 

It is going to be a real b*tch to clean the pan, since it's stoneware. It's going to have to soak for a week and then be scrubbed for a year with baking soda.  Maybe I can "hire" C#2 to do the task. I sure don't want to do it!

Here is the garden. I think this is week #3. I have had to tie up one of the tomato plants. The unrelenting rain storms made it bend so much it won't bounce back all nicey nice. Grrrrr!


Here is a blossom!


That's it for today... Till next time.



No comments: