Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cucumber tomato salad and my crazy garden.

I bought a 6 pack of tomatoes and a 3 pack of cucs from Sam's and they definitely need to be eaten. I usually reserve the "cucumber tomato" salad for when I have "real" tomatoes from a garden (any garden besides the store will do!) But, I was having a hankering for it and decided to indulge. Thankfully I remembered to use lemon juice instead of vinegar. I am not sure why I mess that up sometimes. The only thing in it that was authentic garden material were the green onions I got from my MIL. OH! And the little bit of basil - always a plus! It will be a garden variety salad all in due time.  Anyway, here is a picture:


Let me just say it was deeeeelicious!!  Now I will be craving this everyday for the rest of the summer.

And here are some new pictures of my "garden." Some it is going crazy! I think I need to "prune" the tomatoes and get rid of the stems that are apparently not going to produce any fruit.  


My crazy tomato plants and lettuce.



I am kinda surprised at this tomato plant. They don't usually do as well in the brown wood box, like in the grow boxes. This plant is doing great -- as are my peppers!


My cherry tomato plant and cucumber plants, both doing great!


And this lettuce is growing in the grow box. I am not sure what variety it is, but, it has a very distinct, super excellent taste.  If anyone knows what it is, please let me know.


And my puny basil, that is actually growing!!!


And swiss chard. Yes, it's still small, but, hopefully grows like it should. Me loves some swiss chard!!

I have actually spent most of the day "working" and blogging to hide from the heat. Since it is blazing hot outside. It is so nice to have A/C in at least one room in the house.

Well that's it for now. Till next time...




2 comments:

a bit much said...

The lettuce might be oak leaf variety.

BB said...

Ahhhh... That would make sense, seeing it looks like an oak leaf. Thanks!