Friday, June 15, 2012

It appears that I am on a burn everything streak.

I bought a large bag of nectarines and thought that would make some fantastic shortcake. So I peeled/chopped the nectarines and then sliced up a bunch of strawberries and then I added some sugar.

I found the box of Bisquick and discovered that there was only about one cup left. I needed three for the recipe.  So being the wonderful cook that I am I found a homemade recipe that purportedly was fantastic. I had even made them before, so I had helpful notes to aid my endeavor.

The dough appeared to be all good and I was able to make the biscuits just right, using a glass.  I put them in the oven and turned the timer on and shorted the time by two minutes, so I could make sure they were all right.  Time went by, the timer went off. I sat for a couple extra minutes, since I clearly had time to spare.  And this is what I found.


WHAT?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I did NOT leave them in that long. 


The other pan wasn't burned, thankfully. But, they were very, veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy brown. Not very shortcakey. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!


Of course, once you add the fruit and a hefty dollop of cool whip, it all looks okay. Truth be told I only ate about half the shortcake. It tasted fine, but, it wasn't nice and moist like a normal shortcake biscuit thing.

Oh! And remember that burned rhubarb thing.  I did convince C#2 to scrub it out a bit, but, there was some very determined black remnant that needed more soaking.  So, alas, there is still sits. Another Grrrrr!!!



Andddd apparently the last batch of "homemade" pizza I made was the best. The homemade in quotes is because I used already made bread dough, so not entirely homemade, but, as close as I will ever get. It was really good.


Well that's it for today. I have lovely dentist appointments to look forward to this afternoon. Definitely NOT my favorite thing.

Till next time....



No comments: